Thomas M. Martin Ph.D.
- Executive Director, Center for Economic Development, Entrepreneurship & Technology (CEDET)
- (Ph.D.) in Political Science, University of Kentucky
- M.A., Political Science, University of Kentucky
- M.B.A., Business Administration, Eastern Kentucky University
- B.A., Organizational Communications, Eastern Kentucky University
- Department: Office of Engagement and Regional Stewardship
- Office: Business & Technology Center, Room 147
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 859-622-2334
- Web Page: CEDET
Dr. Thomas M. Martin is the Executive Director of the Center for Economic Development, Entrepreneurship & Technology (CEDET) at Eastern Kentucky University. CEDET provides guidance and assists EKU faculty and staff, along with communities, entrepreneurs, businesses, industries, institutions and government with accelerating innovation and economic development.
Prior to his appointment, Dr. Martin was Senior Fellow for Research and Economic Policy at the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Dr. Martin earned his doctorate in Political Science from the University of Kentucky in 2008, an MBA from Eastern Kentucky University in 2001, and was a Visiting Professor of Government at Eastern Kentucky University from 2008-2011.
He is a member of the Kentucky Statewide EPSCoR Committee, Kentucky Campus Compact, on the Board of Advisors for At The Gap Solutions, and President of the Eastern Kentucky University International Alumni Association.
Dr. Martin and his wife Veronica reside in Danville, Kentucky. They have three children, Brandi, 21, Daniel 19, and Grace 16.